Monday, May 28, 2012

Give the Gift of Lavender


Looking for a handmade gift for your mom, friends, or a bride-to-be?  This weekend I was invited to two showers and a wedding, but was only able to attend one shower and wedding.  Both my friends LOVE lavender - it's relaxing and calming - so I included a handcrafted sachet filled with beautiful, dried lavender to each gift.

I found a free cross stitch lavender patten that used only four floss colors (two purples, a pink, and green) and sewed it to a piece of purple Batik fabric.  I left a small opening and added the dried lavender; then I hand stitched the sachet closed.  The finished scented bag measured about 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" and took a few hours from start to finish.   



With the gift, I also included culinary French lavender packets and attached the recipes for lavender tea and lavender lemonade on note cards. Such a simple, but thoughtful gift that you can make too!

No comments:

Post a Comment