Saturday, May 26, 2012

Strawberry Bruschetta with Goat Cheese, Mint and Basil


This strawberry bruschetta with goat cheese, mint and basil was elegant, easy, and a HUGE hit at last night's bridal shower!  The ladies loved it and this appetizer complemented the hot pink and black theme very nicely, I must add.


I originally saw the recipe here, and but thanks to my BF he suggested we change two components to make it even more delicious. He has an amazing palate and eye for all things culinary, not to mention he saved this dish.  I purchased a French bread, not a baguette, which did not work.  Literally, ten minutes before I was supposed to leave the sliced bread was a failure. It was all different sizes and some were smooched because the bread was so fresh and soft.  There was no way I could pull it off as an acceptable app and present it to a room full of women - many of whom I had never met. I thought I was going to have to purchase a store-bought dessert on my way to the party, but my BF to the rescue...he sped to the store, bought the correct French loaf, and we were back in business.

I had time to toast the baguette for an extra crunch, per his suggestion, and assembled them at the party.  He also thought we should use BOTH mint and basil.  When you bite into the toast you are intrigued by the flavors and question: Is this mint or basil?  Well, it's both, and it was FABULOUS!  I am definitely making this again for my next soiree.

No comments:

Post a Comment