This miso soup recipe is super simple, so simple that I made it before work on Friday morning. You only need four ingredients: Trader Joe's miso ginger broth, Trader Joe's roasted seaweed snack, organic tofu, and organic green onions.
1. Add the 32 ounces of miso ginger broth to a sauce pan.
2. Cut about 4 ounces of tofu into bite-size cubes. Then add the tofu to the broth.
3. With a pair of kitchen scissors, cut about 0.2 ounces (half of the seaweed snack pack) into small rectangular pieces. Then add to the broth.
4. Heat these three ingredients.
5. Remove from heat and scoop into bowls.
6. Top with diced green onions.
This recipe makes 4 servings, which I happily enjoyed and ate all by myself for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Friday and finished the last serving over the weekend.
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Natalie Merchant's lyrics for "San Andreas Fault" are in my head as I write this:
"Go west, paradise is there,
you'll have all that you can drink of milk and honey over there."
I have been sipping on warm organic milk and honey for the last few weeks. It's an Ayurvedic sleep remedy that's calming and soothing before bed. I also find it warming in the morning and perfect whenever I need to relax. Heat 8 ounces of organic milk in a saucepan or a microwave-safe mug and then stir in a teaspoon of honey. Sip and slow down with this sweet treat.