Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lavender Aromatherapy Shower and Scrub

Today I took a much needed lavender aromatherapy shower - so soothing!  On Pinterest, I saw a post for a cleansing soak; instead, I mixed the same three ingredients - baking soda, Epsom salt and lavender harvest essential oil from Aura Cacia - for my scented shower and scrub. 

I enjoy using Aura Cacia Lavender Shower Tablets.  You place a tablet on the shower floor and soak up the lovely lavender scent.  They're about $7, but I purchased a box on sale for under $5.  You only get three tablets in a box, but I discovered that you don't need a whole tablet for a shower and can stretch the three tablets into multiple showers.   

However, from now on, I will be making homemade lavender aromatherapy for my showers whenever I need them.  The most expensive part was the lavender harvest essential oil, but a small $7 bottle goes a long way (you only need a few drops/shower or bath).  My shower was hot, relaxing, and cheaper than the lavender shower tablets, not to mention the concoction doubled as a body scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment