Friday, September 28, 2012
Seven Layer Cookies
For Seven Layer Cookies you only need seven ingredients and the whole dessert is made in one 13x9 pan. It couldn't be easier!
1 stick of butter or margarine
1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 and 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass dish).
2. In the 13x9 baking pan melt butter in the oven.
3. Sprinkle the crumbs over butter. With a fork, form the crumbs into a crust.
4. Pour condensed milk evenly on top of crust.
4. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; press down firmly with fork.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Cool or chill if desired. Cut into bars. Take your time cutting to make nice neat pieces. Cover and store at room temperature.
Makes 24-36 bars.
Cooking Note - These were a hit at work. M suggested peanut butter chips; next time I think I will substitute the butterscotch ones for pb chips, or maybe even use dark chocolate chips.