Saturday, September 29, 2012
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pasta
For this dish you'll need:
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup butter
1 cup cream
1 and 1/2 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cream cheese
Salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
1 can peas
2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
handful of fresh chopped basil
1. Boil your choice of pasta in salted water. We used angel hair. Drain and lightly toss is olive oil.
2. Saute 2 cups of sliced mushrooms and onions. Set aside.
2. In a separate sauce pan, melt a 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Whisk in cream, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and cream cheese. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Add a can of peas, cooked chicken, mushrooms and onions.
3. Add cooked noodles to the sauce pan and toss to coat.
4. Plate and add crispy, chopped bacon and basil.
Cooking note - The Parmesan cheese was challenging to melt. Next time we might use a cheese that melts easier, like Provolone, an Asiago blend, or Gruyere.