|Sautéed Greens (upper left) and Chicken Tikka Masala|
8 cloves of minced garlic
Bunches of greens (Chinese broccoli, dandelion greens, red chard, or whatever you like that's in season)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mince the garlic and add it with some olive oil to a hot skillet.
2. Separate the leaves from the stalks of the red chard. Cut the stalks into bite-size pieces and place in the pan with some salt and pepper.
3. Sauté for several minutes until the stalks soften. For more flavor, I used chicken broth, but you could always add water or vegetable broth.
4. Next chop the greens and add them to the pan. Again I added more chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir often, until the broth evaporates.
5. Cook until the greens are tender.
COOKING NOTES: I used the entire bunch of chard and a half bunch of broccoli and dandelions.
I had an opened 14oz can of chicken broth in the fridge. I used about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of broth.
You can see the red chard stalks in this picture. The yellow, orange, and red stalks from rainbow chard would be a colorful addition to this dish.