Sunday, December 15, 2013
Leek Potato Soup with Bacon
Last year I posted a recipe for Leek Potato Soup with Coconut Milk. This is essentially the same recipe, but with some organic ingredients, crispy bacon, and melted cheese.
For this recipe you'll need:
a few tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
small onion, chopped
2-3 stalks of organic celery, chopped
3 organic leeks, cleaned and chopped
1 32-ounce container of organic chicken broth
6-8 ounces light coconut milk (I used what I had leftover from another recipe)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 potatoes, chopped in bite-size pieces, cooked
4-6 slices slices of crispy bacon
favorite shredded or grated organic cheese
Servings: Makes 6-8 bowls
1. In a stock pot, add the olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic, and celery for several minutes. Salt and pepper this layer.
2. Add the chopped leeks and sauté until they wither down. Again, add salt and pepper.
3. Next add the broth, coconut milk, cooked potatoes, and another dash of salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remembering to stir often so the coconut milk does not burn or stick to the bottom of the stock pot.
4. Remove from heat and stir in a few bacon slices.
5. Just before serving, top with some additional chopped bacon and your favorite shredded cheese. Enjoy!