Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lemongrass and Lavender Calming Spray

Before the holidays, I went to a yoga class and the scent in the studio was both calming and revitalizing.  I asked the owner what was so delicious and she stated it was the lemongrass and lavender spray she sells.  I knew I could make a less expensive calming spray for under her $18 asking price and I did, thanks to this site and Aura Cacia.  

You'll need:
glass spray bottle
2 ounces distilled water 
25 drops lemongrass essential oil
40 drops lavender essential oil

Directions:
Add the distilled water to the spray bottle. Then add the lemongrass and lavender essential oils. Shake well.  Enjoy as a room spray or refresh your closets and clothes.  

Note: My spray is more lemony than lavender-y. The site above also suggested that you add equal parts lemon, lavender, and orange essential oils. You may want to experiment with the drops and add more or less oil to create your own unique scent.  Remember you can always add more oil, but you can't take it away if you add too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment