Thursday, August 2, 2012

Super Successful Fruit Fly Trap


Fruit flies have been rampant in our house lately.  They are in the kitchen, living room, and even hovering over the mirror in the bathroom.  I don't know what it is, but yesterday we had ENOUGH.  My boyfriend found a few online recipes: sugar water in a bottle with a paper funnel (not successful), and 1 cup apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish soap (SUPER SUCCESSFUL).  Can you see all the fruit flies we caught so far?

We made two traps and have already caught over eleven little buggers. I feel bad that we are harming them.  We save spiders in this house.  Honest.  However, my BF reminded me that I am not killing them, they are just nosy and checking out the sweet-smelling liquid.

NOTE: Apple cider vinegar is a pungent scent and our house is really pungent with these fruit fly traps scattered around our humble abode.

No comments:

Post a Comment