|Ginger Babuska Mule (left), Mississippi Queen (right)|
For a Mississippi Queen you'll need: a 16 ounce mason jar and straw because drinks look cooler and even taste better in them (trust me), 6 ounces of lemonade, 4 ounces of an ale/lager, 2 ounces of bourbon, and ice.
Directions for a Mississippi Queen:
1. Place the lemonade, beer, bourbon, and ice in a shaker or thermos (like us). Shake well.
2. Add ice to the mason jar and add your shaken drink.
3. Top with a Maraschino cherry (optional). Of course, you can adjust the liquids to your taste.
The Ginger Babushka is our version of a Moscow Mule, since we are Polish. Okay, okay, I cannot take credit for the name, I had a similar drink with the same name at a local restaurant recently. This green-herb drink has alcohol, but I'm sure you could make it non-alcoholic.
For a Ginger Babushka Mule you'll need: a 16 ounce mason jar and straw, 2-3 ounces of vodka, a few sprigs of mint (we used fresh mint from our garden), 12 ounces non-alcoholic ginger beer (you need non-alcoholic ginger beer NOT ginger ale), 1 teaspoon of bitters (the liquid in the olive jar), and ice.
Directions for a Ginger Babushka Mule:
1.Combine a handful of ice, 2-3 shots of vodka, 3 ounces of ginger beer, the mint, and bitters in a shaker. Shake well - in a shaker or thermos.
2. Fill the mason jar with more ice. Pour your shaken drink into the mason jar.
3. Top with the remaining ginger beer. Stir and add a straw.
(Pronounced: Naz-droh-vee-ay, which means cheers or drink to your health in Polish.)