Sunday, December 23, 2012
Macadamia Nut Cookies with White and Chocolate Chips
M and I made these Macadamia Nut Cookies with White and Chocolate Chips for my Christmas Cookie Exchange. The original recipe was here, but we tweaked it a bit. We tested the recipe first, which stated that it yielded 4 dozen, but those were TINY cookies.... so the second time around we formed much larger cookies - about 20.
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Then add them to the above mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Combine the flours, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and chips.
5. Roll the dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten and shape the cookies with your hands or fork.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.